For users running Windows operating system version NT4, you must be at service pack 5 or later. If you are and are still experiencing problems, follow the below procedure:
1) Download the Microsoft data access update, MS Jet 40 SP4. This update is available at Microsoft.com.
2) You should be prompted to Save or Run the file. Save the file (Jet40SP6_9xNT.exe) to your computer (approximately 3MB in size).
3) Navigate to the saved file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double-click to run.
4) You should see 2 messages as data is extracted then files are copied into place. There is NO confirmation message that it has completed, but it should take less than 10 seconds.
5) Launch TWO COOL® version 3.0 to verify that the problem has been fixed.
6) Delete the downloaded file. It is no longer needed.
On the Windows Update page, click Scan for updates. After the scan is completed, click Windows 2000 under "Pick updates to install" in the left pane. The link for the Jet 4.0 SP6 download is listed under Recommended Updates as "Q282010: Microsoft Jet 4.0 ServicePack 6 (Windows 2000)" in the right pane.
Install Service Pack 3 on Windows 2000. This would be a more extensive installation. Consult your IT department before installing. Information and download of SP3 is found on the Microsoft web site.